Tuesday, October 28, 2008

0 - Introduction

So, here is how it works.

Every day, I will discuss one thing that I consider a nuisance to me. In the space of a single post each day, I will talk about one thing that I see as illogical, irrational, redundant, over-the-top, petty, nonsensical, stupid and/or downright irritating.

Sometimes, my posts will be exaggerated. Sometimes, they will be relatable. At times, my points will consist of one of my own pet peeves. And at other times, my arguments will concern something that is simply annoying to any sane and sensible person. The important thing I want to stress implicitly is that all of my entries are subjective. This is extremely crucial for I mean no offense.

I mean, all of us have bad habits; Hell, I have a lot of bad habits myself. Feel free to criticize my views. Rest assured, this blog is not a childish rant. This blog is not written in anger or in envy toward others, nor is it an escape from a miserable life. This is all written with good intentions and done all in good fun. It's funny, really. And clever. I swear. Just keep reading and you may very well find something that you agree with.

I understand that people don’t always need to be aware of their unhealthy behavioral tendencies. I certainly don’t think of myself as a high and mighty social expert, a dictator that can force the world to act and think more practically, sensibly and wisely. However, my aim is to merely increase people’s attentiveness toward their own demeanor, as well as that of others, so as to help inject some sense into society, sense that seems to be so lost nowadays in a world where matters and situations are dealt with, I find, much too carelessly and clumsily.

With that being said, I'd like to finally mention that I hope this turns out into something great and entertaining. Let us rejoice in the sanctity of hate. Don't worry about seeming hateful. You're not a terrible person for having problems with the foolish deeds of others. You're merely being observant and critical and you know those are good qualities. Share your daily annoyances, relieve yourself of your vexation and tell me, do you hate it too?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michael, welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. thanks for posting on mine. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. it's always good to hear that of course because I suppose that's what I'm kind of here for, to entertain others or something like that haha. I love the idea that you have for your blog. I know that a lot of things annoy me but I guess I never thought about writing it down. a lot of people will be able to relate. well, I am now following your blog and I look forward to reading your posts!

Anonymous said...

Geez, Michael, and you're 17, cool, wicked piece of writing. Going to follow and see where you lead me.

AV
http://netherregionoftheearthii.blogspot.com/
http://tomusarcanum.blogspot.com/

Inspector Clouseau said...

Well Michael, you've made a start. Congratulations. Saw your blog mentioned in Coffee Shop of Help feature of Blogger. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

yoh. :p

J.J. in L.A. said...

Having been disabled all my life, the thing I hate the MOST is able-bodied people using handicap-accessible parking spaces. I'm sure I'll be writing my own blog about that the next time I see it happening.

Looking forward to reading your blogs...

J.J.
http://jjinla.blogspot.com

Mrs Midnite said...

Hi Mikey

I wouldn't have come to this blog, I would have looked at the first post of your new blog. I can tell this was written a while ago, your style has changed I think.

I see me in the Live activity fed - Edinburgh UK.