Wednesday, January 13, 2010

210 - 'No comment' and 'I don't know what to say'

To the people that respond to uninteresting or tricky dialogue with 'no comment', let me teach you an alternative move you could make.

Now, this may come as a shock to you, so heed my warning...

When I have no comment, I do not comment.

I know it seems CRAZY, but trust me, it achieves the same effect.

In fact, sometimes, it can be even more effectual.




Again, please try to keep yourselves together when I tell you what I'm about to tell you.

But the same goes for 'I don't know what to say'.

When I don't know what to say, I do not say anything.

It's okay to keep silent. You don't have to say anything. Nobody's going to judge you. In fact, most of the time, people never expect you to say anything.

Okay, okay, I know it feels like your world has been turned upside down, but trust me, everything is going to be okay. Please stop crying hysterically. You can do this. You can keep your mouth shut. You are actually allowed to say nothing.

Okay, I'll tell you what... I'm going to leave you alone for a while, 'cause I've obviously caused you some major distress.

I'll see you later, okay?

6 comments:

Jubilex said...

I love this post. I started laughing out loud when I read the words, "please stop crying hysterically."
I am guilty of this one, quite often. I wonder what this change would do. It is harder not to respond through MSN or on the phone because the other person cannot see your body language or facial expression, but I will trial this foreign idea and see what the results are. If I go crazy from the obsurdity of such a simple thing then I will be sure to send you an orange and a small child in the mail.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Yes, thank you for imparting this message. It is truly annoying and insincere (not to mention ironic) to say "I have no comment" or "I don't know what to say." If that's the case, you should shut the f--- up, I say. That's my comment.
Cheers,
Robyn

Eva said...

No comment :)

Just kidding, this was a very clever post. I hate when someone says either of those things like it somehow has a point. You are right, it would have the same affect if they didn't say anything. Honesty is the best policy, great to see you have no fear in being honest.

gaf85 said...

"U talkin bout me Willis?"

Lynn said...

That was very amusing, so, thank you. =]

lost_in_woods said...

thank you for posting visti for servicrs turnstile gates dubai
tripod turnstiles dubai